Tramore Amusements Monster Firework Display 2013
On Sunday 25th August there was a Monster Fireworks display in Tramore, Co. Waterford. I decided to try and get a few shots having not brought the camera to the Spraoi fireworks display. In this post I outline the technique used I used in taking photos of fireworks and also some photos of the Tramore Amusements Monster Firework Display 2013.
Firework Photos – Technique
For those interested in how I took these fireworks photos, the settings I used were as follows:
- Tripod was used – it’s foolish to try take firework photos without one
- ISO 100
- Full Manual Mode (M)
- Aperture set to between f/11 and f/16
- Lens was 24-105mm Canon L Lens (auto-focus and IS turned off)
- Lens hood was used to block very strong light coming from car-park lights near by
- Lens focused to infinity – tested for sharpness before the fireworks went off
- Shutter Speed 15-20 seconds (I played around with the lengths a bit).
- Finally I used a remote control to trigger the camera so that no tripod shake was induced.
You could also have enabled Mirror Lock-up but I didn’t on this occasion.
Another technique uses black card or foam to block the lens in between shots which is also very effective.
The Resultant Firework Photos
Hope you enjoyed these.
Related Pages – Subject ‘Fireworks’
The following pages on Fireworks and Photography of Fireworks Displays might be of interest.